If you love cooking for your family, your dog’s preferences should also be included in the cooking list . Choosing cute treats near the checkout aisle at the pet store feels good. But you will have an amazing experience while making treats for your dog at home. This article will provide you with a recipe for homemade Chicken-Flavored Jello treats and your dog will drool over it. The best part is that you might have most of the ingredients in your kitchen.
These simple easy doggie snacks can be made with a few ingredients, safe for dogs to eat. However, most pre-made gelatin has extra ingredients and additives that aren’t good for dogs. So follow the recipe guidelines, especially regarding the type of gelatin you use.
- 1/4 lb. chicken breast
- One large carrot washed, peeled, and chopped
- Sprig of parsley (no stems)
- One packet of unsweetened/unflavored gelatin powder made from collagen
- Water (amount below)
- Large mixing bowl
- 1 Pot
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1-2 Silicone bone or paw-shaped molds
- Peeler or knife
- As usual, always remember to disinfect any item/surfaces that will come in contact with raw chicken while cooking.
- Take the chicken, carrot, and parsley into a pot. Add enough water to cover it all.
- Turn the burner on and keep it on medium-high temperature.
- It will take about 30 minutes to cook the chicken, soften the carrots, and infuse the water with flavor.
- Once soft you need to put the chicken and carrots into a blender and puree them when that’s done.
- Take about 1/2 cup freshly-made chicken broth or store bought chicken broth will also do.
- Pour chicken broth and the pureed chicken and carrot mixture and unflavoured gelatin together and mix it well. It will have a gravy -like texture.
- Place a silicone bone shape mold on top of a baking sheet and then pour the mixture in the molds.
- Let it settle down for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Once the batch is nicely frozen, you can feed your eager dog one (or two or three). And that’s it! You’ve got fantastic healthy treats your pup will love, and you got to see every ingredient that went in them. Aren’t they gorgeous?
Your furry companion will thank you for these treats, and if you want your dog to thank you even more, then you can invest in extensive cat insurance. Good cat insurance will take care of minor and major health problems your dog goes through. You might wonder about the importance of dog insurance, but then again, you need to remind yourself that your pets are just like humans. Like they enjoy occasional tasty treats like a human, they also fall sick and suffer the collateral damages of an unfortunate accident. In such a situation, having dog insurance is a savior. If you have extensive pet insurance coverage, you can tend to your pet’s every need and not worry about the financial expenses. So if you have insurance, great, but if you don’t have a policy, look for one soon and get the right coverage that suits your furry buddies’ needs and your budget. Then make this yummy treat for your companion.
Also read Precautions for Field Workers